Blind Lift Cord Replacement
Lift cords can occasionally break from use or accidents. If this has happened to you, replacing your lift cords will be so simple, you won’t even have to take them down!
- Locate the workorder number for your blinds. It can be found on the original paperwork or the inside of the headrail.
- Call customer service at (888) 685-1735 so we can send you the specific length of cord your blinds need.
- Trim excess fray from the broken end of the cord attached to the headrail. Do not pull the cord.
- Attach the replacement cord to the broken cord end-to-end. This can be done using a small amount of masking tape or a small flame to melt the two ends together.
- Pull the end of the cord that comes out of the headrail at the cord separator until you see the joined section.
- Remove the bottomrail plug, then repeat step 4.
- Pull on the knotted end of your original cord under the bottomrail. This will pull the replacement cord through the ladder and bottomrail.
- Tie a knot in the end of the cord and replace the bottomrail plug.
- Pull the replacement cord taut so there won’t be any slack in the ladder. Measure where to put the tassel and knot the cord.