How To Replace Blind Slats
- On the bottomrail, remove the plugs to reveal the lift cord.
- Undo the knot in the lift cord, then remove the slats you want to replace by pulling the lift cord through the route holes of only those slats.
- Replace the old slats with your new slats by stringing these slats with the lift cord. As you string the blind, alternate between left and right for each ladder rung.
- String the lift cord through the bottomrail hole. Ensure that the lift cords are even so that the bottomrail will hang straight and tie a knot.
- Replace the bottomrail plugs. To avoid scratching them, use a rubber mallet or hammer.