How To Replace Blind or Shade Cord Locks
If your cord lock is damaged and needs to be replaced, follow the steps below.
- Take your blind or shade down.
- Untie the draw cords and mark this position so that it can be retied in the proper place later.
- Pull the draw cord through the cord lock mechanism, and then remove the cord lock mechanism.
- The new cord lock should come assembled. If not, insert the pawl and then the pin into the cord lock housing.
- Push the replacement cord lock into the headrail until you hear a click.
- Insert the draw cords between the pin and pawl of the cord lock and through the headrail.
- Tie a knot in the draw cords where you previously marked.