Blinds & Shades Technical Tips
How To Replace The Cord Locks Of Your Blinds Or Shades
Time takes its toll on all things, including the parts on your shades and blinds. When it comes time to replace the cord lock, follow this simple guide:
- Take down the entire blind or shade.
- Mark the draw cords where the knot is. You will be untying the knot, so it is crucial for you to be able to retie it in the same place if you want your shade or blind to fit your window the same way.
- Now untie the draw cords, but do not cut them (if you do, they will no longer fit the height of your window properly).
- Pull the draw cords up, all the way through the top of the cord lock mechanism.
- With the draw cord out of the way, the cord lock mechanism should easily pop out of the headrail
- If your new cord lock assembly is already pre-assembled, proceed to step #7. If it is not pre-assembled, insert first the pawl and then the pin into the cord lock housing.
- Place your new cord lock assembly into the headrail. Press down on the cord lock assembly until the housing snaps into place. Until you hear the "click", it's not in position.
- All that's left is to put the draw cords back in place. Thread the draw .
- Find the marks you’ve made on the draw cords in step #2, and retie the knot. Presto! - you’re done.