Blinds & Shades Technical Tips
How To Replace Your Blind Tilter
If you need to replace the blind tilter in your horizontal blinds, just follow these steps:
- First remove your blinds from the window.
- Then find the end stiffener at the end of the headrail. It should be where the tilt mechanism is located. Remove it.
- Carefully slide the tilt rod out of the tilt mechanism
- Snap the tilt mechanism out of place. It should come free easily.
- Place the new tilt mechanism where the old one had been. Check that you have placed the new tilt mechanism firmly in place in the headrail’s control route/punch.
- The tilt rod should now slide easily into the new tilt mechanism.
- Don’t forget to replace the end stiffener, so that the whole mechanism is good as new.